South Carolina Green Fleet Leader Awards
This award will be presented to the stakeholder organization(s) that best demonstrate leadership and excellence in clean transportation and alternative fuel activities in South Carolina. Awardees acknowledge the environmental, economic, and national security benefits of reducing consumption of fossil fuels and have implemented programs and initiatives to lower the use of traditional transportation fuels.
These activities include but are not limited to:
- Purchasing alternative fuel and/or fuel-efficient vehicles
- Implementing idle reduction policies
- Improving fleet fuel economy with smart routes and/or telematics
- Partnering with fuel providers to expand alternative fuel availability for the community
- Supporting and participating in current Palmetto Clean Fuels Coalition/Clean Cities programs and priorities.
Nominees must be stakeholders in the Palmetto Clean Fuels coalition. Nominations may be submitted by anyone so long as the nomination is endorsed by the organization and the nomination form is fully completed.
Get an Application Form Here
SCDHEC’s Spare the Air Awards
Through partnerships and collaboration, excellent work is being done across the state to collectively and continuously improve air quality in South Carolina through practices such as energy conservation, adopting air-healthy habits, education, and more. The SCDHEC Spare the Air award recognizes this work with the goals of:
- Promoting a healthier environment through air quality initiatives that are sustainable and replicable.
- Educating, building awareness, and motivating others to make better decisions about the environment through air quality improvements.
- Encouraging positive behavioral changes that improve air quality.
- Strengthening and building partnerships to improve air quality in South Carolina.