RICHLAND COUNTY 6TH ANNUAL RECYCLING DAY
Columbia, South Carolina
Friday May 17th 9am – 1pm
Recycling and Energy Activities for kids, to include alternative fuel vehicle displays.
To participate or for more information, please contact Jennifer Taraskiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org
SC Solar Council: 2nd Annual Awards Presentation and Solar Basics Seminar
Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Water Missions International, 1150 Kinzer Street, Bldg 1605, North Charleston, SC 29405
RSVP at SCSolarCouncil@gmail.com
Join the South Carolina Solar Council as we honor individuals and organizations who made a difference in the solar industry in South Carolina in 2012. Following the awards presentation and networking lunch, we will have a solar basics seminar beginning at 1 p.m. that will cover:
- Solar Systems 101 – Simplified Residential & Commercial Installations
- Photovoltaic (PV) Designs and Specifications for Owners
- PV Financials – Tax Credits, Depreciation, Payback, and Return on Investment
- S.C. Utility Rate Options
- Solar Certifications & Licenses in S.C.
- Solar System Operations & Maintenance for Owners
Also see how Water Missions International is using solar to save lives across the globe.
Questions? Contact Sara Hummel Rajca at (803) 256-0670.
Southeast Regional Fleet Workshop
May 22, 2013
Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum Birmingham, AL
Spend an hour or spend the full day! The HTUF Southeast Regional Fleet Workshop is a one stop shop for getting the tools you need to green your fleet.
- Optional Fleet Tutorials on Funding and Incentives
- Fleet Economics
- Deployment Best Practices
Registration includes breakfast, lunch and networking reception
Over twenty advanced technology trucks on display and available for Ride & Drive: natural gas (CNG and LNG), hybrid, electric, idle reduction, propane . . .Vehicles from Hino, Freightliner, Terex, VIA Motors, Boulder Electric Vehicle, Altec, DesignLine, Odyne, XL Hybrids, Griffin, Inc., and more!
See the full vehicle list
VIEW THE AGENDA
Biodiesel Workshop for Fleets
June 5, 2013 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (lunch provided)
Charleston Marriott, 170 Lockwood Blvd, Charleston, SC 29403
Workshop will provide an opportunity to learn how biodiesel fuel can positively impact local transportation and retailer industries in the Charleston area. Great for fleet owners, fleet & fuel managers, mechanics, operators, retailers and refueling station owners. Learn about the benefits of biodiesel fuel to the local area; biodiesel quality control at the production and distribution level; and firsthand experiences from fleets using biodiesel.
Attendance is free, but limited. Please register at www.CleanAirChoice.org
by May 29, 2013.
If you have any questions please call John DeRosa at 217.241.9018 or email at John.DeRosa@lungil.org
- Benefits of biodiesel: domestic and economic incentives, emission reduction potential, environmental benefits
- Biodiesel production: process and quality controls
- Biodiesel distribution: availability, quality controls, cost considerations, and fuel storage specifics
- Biodiesel use: first hand experiences from fleets and retailers using higher blends of biodiesel